Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Send Food/Water...No A GPS!!!!!

Have I been missed by anyone in Blogland???? I know that I haven't been posting as much.

Maybe that is because when I go harvesting, I am gone for so long.............think I need a GPS.

Check out the photos. OMG!!!!





That white/sand thingo is the bird bath and I don't think even the birds have been able to see it, let alone use it.




Number 11 is in there somewhere and I know he's alive, as we had a lovely feed of Rhubarb Saturday night.

Zucchini plants are still feeding us, though they are hard to get to as I can't just walk to them.

Tomatoes were miss labeled, we I have no idea what variety they are, but I do know no Black Russian tomatoes on our toast for breakfast.




A hedge of asparagus and corn so high, I am thinking of turning it into a baseball field and see if Kevin wants to film a sequel to his hit movie "Field Of Dreams".




Beans are feeding us and its only early in the season. Getting a nice little variety of them frozen for off season.

I was talking to my dad about how well the garden is growing. He like me, thinks its all the good winter rains while the plants were growing. Fruit trees in my garden and his are full of fruit.

I can also now harvest my own capsicums, that is great as I use a lot in my salads and cooking. They have been so darn dear at the shops, $9.99 a kilo. So I was hunting them down anywhere I could find them cheaper. But no more for this season.....yay.

Eggplants are almost ready to start to be picked as well.

Beetroot is yummy steamed and carrots are sweet as.

Garden is looking so FAB TAB and I am just so happy harvesting and enjoying this time of the year.

Until next time....hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Your garden is growing well, think all this rain is doing them good.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

WOW Lucky, your garden is going fab!!!!! I think all the rains have helped ours as well. :-)

Savvy Mummy said...

Wow what a sight! Your garden is growing so well! Congratulations! So funny you mentioning needing a GPS...made me laugh! :)

I need orange said...

You are making me hungry! :-)