Saturday, September 01, 2012

I'm Back.

Yes, you did read the title of this post correctly.

I am back gardening after about 18 months away from it. I decided to take a year off for different reasons and then for health reasons from both Pat and I, it was another 6 months.

A lot has happened in this time.

My son James was married in January of this year and they are expecting their first baby at the end of November.

Amy has returned to work part time and we have little Cooper who is about 16 months old now every Monday & Thursday.

I have some lovely photos and a real shocker of a photo for you as well.




Little "Super Cooper" is now walking and this makes it much more fun here in Lucky Land. Cooper is able to spend time outside in the backyard on the nice days.

We spent last Monday morning out in the garden and Cooper had a ball. From emptying all the pegs in my basket to pushing the washing trolley around on the lawn.

Cooper so wanted to push the wheel barrow around and was getting a bit on the stroppy side as he couldn't move it....lol. So Pat and I are going to look around for a toy wheel barrow for Cooper to use when he visits.

Coop loves my chooks, ducks and little rabbit "Buddy". My plan when Cooper is older is to have his own little vegie patch. Anything he harvests can be taken home for him to share with mummy & daddy.




Now the scary photo. WEEDS!!!!!!!! lots of them. Tomorrow we are getting Amy & Ben's lawn mower and we'll give it a good going over. Weeds into the compost bin and then start to either remove the roots or just turn it all into the soil.



A rewarding picture now.

Fresh asparagus on our dinner plate that night. That made for all the back breaking work we did that day worth while.

So as you can see we have a way to go getting my little vegie patch back to working and feeding us. We're both very egg-cited about this.

Until next time......







2 comments:

molly said...

Good to see you back lucky!

Savvy Mummy said...

Lucky, glad to know you are well! Was kinda worried.